Thursday 17 January 2013

2013 Craft(botic) Challenge

A Challenge?! Yes that is that the title of this post is! And this challenge sound pretty awesome! If you are a regular reader you might know that I am not that good at sticking to challenges.... I once tried the photo-a-day challenge... during which you had to take a photo of an item (which was mentioned on the blog) and post it.... half way the month I forgot to take the pics... and I just stopped.... If you also remember I said I would participate with the weekly OH, How Pinteresting item... couldn't keep up with this either...

But a new year has started so it is time to make new resolutions right?! The thing about this challenge if that you only have to do 1 item per month! So you have 4 weeks and weekends to make something. And I like making things and think of making things.... to sit behind my sewing machine and see how you create something. So will I keep up... I think so!

This is what the challenge consists of:



So for January we have to make something of leftovers! And boy do I have leftovers... My first thought was to use my fabric leftovers, but of course you can use anything you like; paper, flowers, fabric, wood, food! Anything you like!

And here is the first item of the challenge: I made a Tissue Case! I did use a tutorial so I am not sure if that is cheating... so please don't Rosie from Craftbotic the host of this challenge! The tutorial I used is from Very Purple Person. And to be honest I quite like the result! It is very easy to make, useful and you don't need a lot of fabric.

Well if you want to join in on the fun, it is easy! No signing up, just crafting!

Signature to use

5 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! I too have a hard time following through with stuff.... But I cant phone in this challenge because Im a co-host!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wauw mooi gemaakt! maar ook een super vette challenge.... maybe dat ik mee doe :)
    Ik heb in januari al van leftovers soep gemaakt; heeerlijk!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and I think it is great to use tutorials. I still use tutorials for the process sometimes, or part of one and then apply it to other projects. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love the colors! And if I had just a tiny bit more patience, I would use tuuorials more often, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chose this as my favourite leftover craft and pinned it to our board. Feel free to follow along and see what other crafts were picked.

    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete